Rename of GitHub account and Deploy Keys

Today I've fixed failed builds that were caused by renaming GitHub account. Bamboo couldn't pull the changes from GitHub master repository after rename.

So, I corrected the account name in the .git/config file for origin remote. But this didn't help - I had same the same problem to pull the changes.

That was a security problem: GitHub denied access to the repository, because I don't have access to the old repository (of course, that because account name was changed).

After some investigation, I decided to drop existing Deploy Key and create the same again.
And VoilĂ ! This small manipulation fixed the problem with access to the GitHub repository and now builds are green again.

No comments: